Creating a New Form
On a desktop computer, go to www.wildknowledge.co.uk enter your login details and go to WildForm
• Select the Create tab and give the form a name (e.g. ‘River Survey’)
• You can also add a Description, a Cover Image and, for purposes of potentially sharing your form with the WildKnowledge Community, identify which age groups / topic areas the form is intended for.
• Add a field to your form. Select your field from a list of field types – descriptions for each are provided on this web page.
Note: The Current Position field activates the GPS or provides positional information in WildImage.
- Each WildForm must only contain one Current Position field.
- If you are creating a form to use with a WildMap or WildImage, you must include this field in your form in order for position to be recorded.
On selecting a field type complete a relevant Prompt and Caption. The Prompt is the text that is displayed in front of the field (limited to 12 characters), whilst longer statements/explanations/questions can be entered in the Caption field (unlimited characters). Providing prompts and caption information will suffice for most fields except the following, which require additional content:
- for Drop-Down / Multi-Select lists, you need to provide the list of items. These can either be added one at a time (to add another item either hit return or Add another item) or pasted in a list using the Paste a list of items.
- For the Quiz Question, you will also need to tick the item that is the correct response.
- For the Image list will require you to upload the necessary image.
• Other Functions
– for the Function field a list of all field types is provided on the left of the function calculator. Select a field and then choose to multiply, subtract, divide or add to another field or numerical value. Note: functions can currently only be applied between a maximum of two fields.
– for the Web Page selection, you will need to write the appropriate pathway in the value box (e.g. www.wildknowledge.co.uk)
Upon completion of each field you can choose to:
• Save and edit - saves and stays on that page
• Save and add - takes you directly to the field options list or
• Save and close – takes you to the Edit Form page where you can view, edit, move and delete previously created fields in the form.
Any ‘Save…’ button will save all you have done to that point. You do not have to do a final, ‘overall’ save.
When you are satisfied the form is finished (you will probably want to test it on your mobile device first), go to the My Forms page, click on the name of the form and choose the Share option. Tick the Publish option at the top of the page. This will enable non-admin users to download the form and upload data from it.